Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sweet pain of SCARS - Dedicated to Sushant and Sushil

A classroom and 80 students and the Financial management lecture. Task was to form groups of three to be the part of many financial quizzes, presentations etc. The group needed to be given a financial name also which would fetch points for the group. ROYAL STAGS was the name that fetched me, Sushant and Suhsil those only 2 points in the entire semester @ ICFAI. Something about that name was so obvious to the three of us that it had to be that name only. Was it the fact that we all were STAGS at that time, or we considered ourselves as someone who has a ROYAL taste for booze and music, or the sheer coincidence that STAG means a very short tems, profit seeking player in the stock market. Whatever it was we knew that the ROYAL STAGS will be for ever. Its been 5 years and I am proud that we are still in touch.

The Royal Stags then became the Vellaboyz - The first ever rock band of IFCAI Gurgaon and what I saw was the love for music that Sushil and Sushant shared. The boozed out jam sessions getting recorded on a borrowed ipod, the yelling of Sushant's parents asking us to study, the room in the girls hostel where we used to practice; I wonder can I relive those moments.

All of us want to relive something in our lives and we always crave for that one moment which will take us back where we thought we belonged. All we could do is cherish those memories and move on.

One of the most memorable days for me would be Sushil proposing through a song for his now wife and she saying yes to him after listening to that song.

Sitting here lost and lonely, thinking about the times you were with me,
Is it just a longing for someone, to give me keys to this prision.
Need to pick up the pieces, time dont wait for no one,
May be its a lesson life teaches, so learn to move on,

Now i have no regrets, dont wanna keep no secrets,

Life's a open road, take a walk and you will know,
That;s the story so far, of sweet pain in these scars.


Now that I have no one to talk to, And I know i dont have you,
I have found the answer, and the music sound sweeter,
I have started believing, and there's no point in hiding, 
And I'm leaving words unssaid, letting moments go wasted.


Now I have no regrets, dont wanna keep no secrets,
Life's a open road, take a walk and you will know,
That;s the story so far, of sweet pain in these scars.
God bless Sushant and Sushil and their love for music. The fact that we cant see each other and talk to each others makes me sad, but the fact that there are there in this world somewhere makes me glad.

Never let go of people you love.....

5 comments:

  1. Bhai this is good stuff...miss those days man...the tapri...the nescafe ground..the cricket sessions..than band...everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome dude...u seem to hv a good flair for writing!! keep them coming...!

    ReplyDelete